When you've had bread for breakfast and lunch throughout life, it can be difficult at first to see the alternatives to bread and crackers.
- Bring a salad in a box, vary the salad every time, indulge in goodies up as cheeses, nuts, olives, feta, etc. Low carb things you like. It can also be a wet salad with sour cream or creme in. You should have salad lunch often.
My favorite: greek salad with olives, feta and olive oil
- Bring your leftovers from the day before. Make more food than you need and bring it to work / school the next day. Great opportunities to vary ... This lunch you can have frequently
Like these tasty mushroom-pizzas with hot spice, meat and cheese I made.. mmm yum
- Bring a jar of soup. In something you can screw the lid back on. Warm it in the micro at work / school
Soup is gooooood! ;)
- Eat low-carb bread or crackers with spread, but not every day;) boring in the long term and a little more carbs than optimal.
I love shrimps on low carb bread!
- Bake low-carb muffins / biscuits, fill the freezer and use them to lunch once in a while ...
I made these forest berries muffins with coconut topping - delicious!
- Vegetables and dip of creme fresh or sour cream with spices...
- Natural yoghurt with flaxseed, some nuts, berries and seeds work great.
- On a Sunday you can, for example, make all your lunches for the next week and freeze them: many choices: scrambled eggs with meat and cheese, stews, fish, meat. m.m. Just grab before going to work. Thaw in a warm place until lunch, or heat in a microwave.